This section will facilitate your arrival to the Webster University Geneva Campus. You may be a freshman (1st Year Bachelor), a transfer student or a Masters student, but don’t worry, we’ve got you covered!
By Car/Taxi: You can get a taxi from outside the airport/city centre, it should take about 10-15 minutes. Parking available.
By Bus: The bus stop is right next to our Living and Learning Centre located at the bottom of the campus. Bus #52 will take you right there.
By Train: We are directly adjacent to the Genthod-Bellevue train station, an 8 minute ride on the train from Geneva Cornivin train station.
Don’t forget that you are in the French speaking part of Switzerland, but the majority of people have a good level of English because Geneva is a melting pot of cultures and nationalities owing to its banking and non-governmental organization communities. If you don’t master the French language, you will study it at Webster but here are some words/expressions to help you get by for now.
- Bonjour = Hello, Good morning
- Au revoir = Goodbye
- Oui = Yes
- Non = No
- Merci = Thank you
- Merci beaucoup = Thank you very much
- Femme = Woman
- Homme = Man
- Amour = Love
- Français = French
- Temps = Time
- Jour = Day
- Monde = World
- Monsieur = Mister, gentleman
- Raison = Reason
- Mademoiselle = Miss, unmarried woman
- Madame = Married woman, older woman
- S’il vous plaît = Please
- Bonsoir = Good evening
- Bonne Nuit = Good night
- Excusez-moi = Excuse me
- De Rien = You’re welcome (informal)
- Je vous en prie = You’re welcome (formal)
- Je suis désolé(e)= I’m sorry
- Comment vous appelez-vous?= What is your name?
- Parlez-vous anglais?= Do you speak English?
- Je m’appelle= My name is
- Comment allez-vous?= How are you doing?
- Quelle heure est-il?= What time is it?
- Pouvez-vous m’aider?= Can you help me?
- Combien ça coûte?= How much is this?